Cable upright rows are a good exercise for strengthening your upper back.
- Attach a straight bar to the pulley on the floor.
- Tighten your abs and stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip.
- Your palms will be facing your body and be fairly close to your waist.
- Next, raise the bar toward your chin.
- Pause at the top and return the bar to the starting position.
- Keep your body and your wrists straight.
- Your wrists should even be straight at the top part of this exercise.