A Preacher Curl uses a special bench to support the triceps and isolate the biceps to build the arms.
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arms are level with the top of the bench.
- Grasp the bar underhand (palms facing up) shoulder width apart.
- Picking up the bar, rest your arms against the bench and extend them fully.
- Keeping your arms on the bench at all times, curl the bar up towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar back to starting position.
Perform this exercise in a slow controlled manner for best results.