A Preacher Curl uses a special bench to support the triceps and isolate the biceps to build the arms.
- Place a padded arm curl bench in front of a cable machine.
- Attach a short bar to the bottom pulley.
- Rest your arms against the bench and extend them fully.
- With a narrow grip (6 inches) grasp the bar underhand (palms facing up) and pull it towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar back to starting position.
Perform this exercise in a slow controlled manner for best results.