This exercise will strengthen the sides of your neck, and like the front and back neck isometric exercises, it will help prevent injuries.
- Start by standing or sitting with your head facing forward.
- Place your right hand against the side of your head.
- Your palm should be slightly above your temple.
- Start pushing with your head against the palm of your hand.
- The force should be coming from your neck, while your hand and arm should only be providing resistance.
- Remember to keep your head still and facing forward at all times.
- Hold this for about 10 seconds then slowly release the pressure against your hand.
- Repeat this exercise with your left hand against the side of your head.
- Don’t try make the side neck isometric exercise more difficult by using too much pressure.
- This should be a fairly easy exercise. Using too much pressure can cause injuries.